As I explained on the section about me on this page, for the last year and a half, my workouts are strictly home-based, and my results do not differ from what I previously got at the gym. I am not saying that home is better than gym, or vice-versa, as it depends on your needs. For me, so far so good! As part of my routine, I like to do once a week a high intensity full body routine. I have quite a few favorite YouTube videos, that I will be sharing with you, but today, I’d like to share one of the most effective workouts that I’ve tried:
I love it because:
- It’s only 30 minutes, but it really makes you sweat!
- The workout is divided in 3 blocks with 30 seconds between each.
- In every block, you will perform a variety of exercises targeting different areas, during 1 minute each, so it’s very dynamic, and whenever you feel you can’t anymore with that exercise, it’s time to switch!
- You only need a pair of dumbbells and very little space
- There are two coaches in the video performing the same exercises, with different hardness. You can follow Joshua for a challenging workout, or Claudia for an easier version, which is still hard!
- You can follow the exercises at your own peace, as long as you follow the time frame
- It targets the whole body
- You can get great ideas of simple yet hard exercises for your costume workouts such as hiit.
On their profile, you will also find a wide range of videos of different lengths, I’ve tried some of them, and they are equally good, but I’ve to say that when I am familiar to a video, I am always a bit lazy to try new ones, specially if I have found one as complete as these one.
Remember to warm up prior to start, and to stretch after, and do it in your own rhythm, do not try to follow them, just be consistent and you’ll get better everyday, but do not try to overcome your own capacities!
Please let me know if you decide to give it a try, and I’d love to hear if you have any preferred routine!